- All scholarship application forms, materials and information must be sent together in one envelope. We cannot accept, nor consider, any forms, materials or information that is not submitted together in one envelope with the original application sent.
- Incomplete and/or late applications will not be reviewed or considered.
- All scholarship recipients will be notified by June 30th, 2013
- All scholarship recipients will be presented a GCOM Scholarship Certificate to be handed out at an event this year (before the Fall term begins).
- Miami-Dade County high school students who are enrolled at UF for the 2013 summer term, 2013 fall term, and/or the 2014 spring term.
On Saturday, May 18th, Gator Clubs® from around the world will unite as the Gator Nation to positively impact local communities by volunteering the time and talents of its members. This year, the Gator Club of Miami is getting down and dirty to help with landscaping and grounds maintenance at Zoo Miami. This popular destination for locals and visitors has had its landscape staff cut in half over the past few years and needs help to control and beautify its 350 landscaped acres.
So, put on your orange and blue and grab a hat and sunblock and prepare to plant, weed, mulch or clear debris and make new friends! We’ll work from 9 a.m. to Noon. Everyone who takes part will get FREE admission and discounts to explore the Zoo for the rest of the day! Family members and friends who are at least 15 years of age can also volunteer.
To sign up or learn more, e-mail Rhonda@MiamiGators.com Go Gators — to Zoo Miami!